My Shopping List
Turkey Cutlet on Ciabatta with California Raisin and Onion Marmalade
Courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 lbs. turkey breast, cut into 5 oz. portions, pounded scaloppina style ( pound flat to 1/2" thick)
+ 1 1/2 c. seasoned dry breadcrumbs
+ 1/4 c. olive oil
+ 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
+ 1/2 c. sugar
+ 1/4 c. California raisins
+ 1 c. red wine vinegar
+ 1 loaf Ciabatta bread or other crusty bread
+ 4 oz. mixed green lettuce
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ salt and pepper
What to do:
1. Season scalloppina with salt and pepper. Dredge in seasoned breadcrumbs.
2. In a medium hot sautépan, add olive oil and sauté scallopina until golden brown on both sides. This should only take a few minutes since they are very thin. Remove onto a platter lined with paper towels to absorb oil.
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepot and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until syrup consistency. Remove and chill.
1. Cut ciabatta into equal portions matching size of scalloppina.
2. On bottom piece of bread, spread a thin layer of marmalade. Place turkey on top of it.
3. Toss greens with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on top of turkey along with other half of bread. Cut and serve.
Note: You can also grill the turkey instead of breading it and serve with a simple salad and the marmalade for something lighter.
Visit www.loveyourraisins.com/recipes/ for more raisin recipes!
Calories: 380; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 32g; Sodium: 680mg;